[Gambas-devel] [Gambas-user] Expander on FPatch in the IDE

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jan 27 16:10:51 CET 2013

Le 26/01/2013 13:14, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
>> Le 26/01/2013 00:21, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
>>> Hi Benoit,
>>>
>>> when I click on the Expander in the FPatch form in the IDE, I just added,
>>> the IDE crashes with a Null object in FSidePanel. I think it's your turn :-)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tobi
>>>

>> Which expander ?
>>

> Excuse me, it once was an Expander but I switched to a SidePanel, on FPatch.

The SidePanel crash should be fixed in the last revision. Anyway, you
don't use it correctly (the layout of the other dialog controls must
expand when the SidePanel is hidden), and the FPatch dialog design
should be fixed (too small buttons, the dialog is not modal...)

I have fixed a few things in the FMakePatch wizard design too (removing
as much borders as possible).

I noticed that you used an hack to select the "old" project: you took a
DirChooser, and checked that a file has been selected inside the
DirChooser to decide if the user want to generate a patch from a project
archive or a project directory.

I'm not sure this is a good idea, and I think that a more explicit
interface would be better (even if a bit stupid).

I mean: let the user explicitely decide if he wants to start with an
archive or a project directory, and then let it use a FileChooser in the
first case, and a DirChooser in the other case.

As for selecting a project directory (second case), there is the code
located in the FOpenProject dialog, but it must be factorized in some
sort of "ProjectChooser" control. I will try to do it so that you can
use it.

There are other things to fix in the dialog: some message are not
translated ; if you select nothing in the wizard second step, you get a
strange error instead of just a warning telling you that you must select
something.

Benoît Minisini