[Gambas-devel] [Gambas-user] Expander on FPatch in the IDE

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 26 12:01:38 CET 2013

Le 26/01/2013 11:55, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Le 26/01/2013 00:21, Tobias Boege a écrit :
>> Hi Benoit,
>>
>> when I click on the Expander in the FPatch form in the IDE, I just added,
>> the IDE crashes with a Null object in FSidePanel. I think it's your turn :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tobi
>>

> Which expander ?

By the way, the interface of your patching system is not good:

- The "Generate"->"Patch" should open a wizard. You must not
successively open two file selectors, because the user does not see
every step of the process and cannot go back.

- "Patching" in the "Generate" menu entry??? You should have put it in
the Project menu entry. Nothing is generated there.

- You should be able to create a patch from an existing project (for
example if you have two different versions of the project on the disk),
not just from a source archive.

- You must ignore the subversion files and the backup files of the new
project when creating the patch! Eventually by doing a temporary source
archive of the new project and create the patch from it.

I didn't test the patch dialog yet, I will have other comments for sure! :-)

Benoît Minisini