[Gambas-devel] gbmake. A drop-in replacement to automake

Tobias Boege tobias at ...692...
Fri Sep 14 20:52:23 CEST 2012

> I just created a branch so we could test this new implementation. I
> didn't wanted to pollute trunk with 3.3 this close.
>
> With the build structure i used, and how libraries are implemented, i
> believe a more simple approach to the symlinked module would be to add
> the gbm3 tool as a library (or component, i'm not sure) to the ide.
> The install path will be known, as the gbx3 executable should be in
> the same directory. What do you think of this?

I just arrived at home again and I am apparently not up-to-date with this
project. Does this mean that we cannot use gbm3 outside gambas3 - even
though it has to have much less dependencies?
Personally, I would prefer a stand-alone program - be it cobbled together
from symlinked sources, or whatever - over an integrated library, because
this way I could actually compile and use it.

You wanted thoughts - it's your work thus your decision (at least not mine).

Regards,
Tobi