[Gambas-devel] Release of Gambas 3.3

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...176...
Thu Sep 6 22:53:15 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> Le 06/09/2012 22:28, Sebastian Kulesz a écrit :
>>
>> I like the changes,
>
> I hope so. :-)
>
>> it works flawlessly now!! Tested with unencrypted account too. no
>> bugs so far. I couldn't test it  using my gmail account because i use
>> 2-factor auth, so i needed to create a new key each time i wanted to
>> test.
>>
>> One question tough; what is the use of Abort() if it doesn't roll
>> back any changes?
>> Shouldn't it call Reset() before disconnecting,
>> otherwise it's almost the same as Close().
>
> Actually it closes the connection without emitting the QUIT command, so
> normally nothing is changed on the server. Or am I wrong? Do I need to
> call Reset() ?

No, you are right. According to the specs, if QUIT is never issued,
then the inbox must be left intact. If there is any deletion, that
must be a server bug, not ours.

I believe it's complete now, at the exception of the APOP command, but
it's optional. The only thing missing is the documentation.