[Gambas-devel] Release of Gambas 3.3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Sep 6 18:46:42 CEST 2012

Le 06/09/2012 16:14, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Le 06/09/2012 16:11, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

>>> _Pop3Client_Message must not inherit MIMEMessage, because it is a
>>> virtual class (beginning with a "_").
>>>
>>> The idea is not stupid by itself, but then creating a
>>> _Pop3Client_Message automatically makes it load the message and parse
>>> it! Which is not a good idea at all, as you may want to list messages
>>> without loading them and parsing them.
>>>
>>> I will remove that stuff.
>>>

>> What's that horror in the source code of Pop3Client._get() ?
>>
>> "If msgid = 0 Then msgid = 1"
>>

> The mail index should go from 0 to Count - 1, as any other collection in
> Gambas!

OK, the POP3 component has been cleaned up!

I have fixed the interpreter bug in enumeration management. That bug was
there since years!

While testing the component with gmail, I found tons of bugs and fixed
them. I don't want you to be sued by Gambas users because you lost their
mails. :-) Please test more when you develop the 'gbmake' tool.

I think now the component should be stable enough. I tested it with
gmail which use SSL encryption.

If you could test it with your account that seems to not be encrypted
and tell me that it's ok for you.

Of course other people can test it too before the Gambas 3.3 release. It
would be a good idea. :-)

Benoît Minisini