[Gambas-devel] Release of Gambas 3.3

Tobias Boege tobias at ...692...
Thu Sep 6 16:36:29 CEST 2012

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know how Gambas 3.3 could be released, and I need a few
> answers! :-)
>
> For Tobias
> ----------
>
> What is the state of gb.ncurses? Can it be marked as "Not finished"
> instead of "Unstable"?
>
> When will you rename gb.adt? And same question about its state: can it
> be marked as "Not finished" instead of "Unstable"?
>
> For information: "Unstable" means "don't use it", while "Not finished"
> means that the public interface can be used, compatibility will be
> ensured, but some important features are still missing.

I didn't commit anything to gb.ncurses in the holidays as I intended -
sadly. It is still "Unstable" in my eyes. I must rewrite the Window class
entirely in CDK and finish the NoDelay mode (for which I have a plan now.
The last resort, but I saw this approach in librote[0] and just put it in
now... Until I find the right words for the bug-ncurses mailing list...)
All in all: unstable, I think.

In my working copy, it is already set up to gb.data with "Not finished".
Next commit will optimise List class and push the information.

As we will go on class trip on monday, I strongly intend to finish the
latter until then.

Regards,
Tobi

[0] http://rote.sourceforge.net/