[Gambas-devel] About gb.net.pop3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 1 03:48:22 CEST 2012

Le 31/08/2012 20:17, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

> You decided to not use gmime. OK. But so you have to be very careful
> when following the MIME specs, otherwise many of mails will be
> unreadable. I know what I am talking about with gb.net.smtp whose code
> is not mine at the beginning...
>
> As for the interface : MIME is hierarchical, so you have to implement
> different classes with some begin containers MIME parts, and other
> contents MIME parts. You can look at gmime to know what to do, and
> simplify their structure if you can.
>
> Regards,

Reading the gmime library documentation, I finally think it's a bad idea
to try to reimplement Mime message parsing in Gambas.

How could you write something complete and not full of bugs when you
have thirty-two RFCs to implement?

So I will start writing a gmime component as soon as possible, and tell
you how to use it.

Benoît Minisini