[Gambas-devel] Hooking the event loop

tobi tobias at ...692...
Sun May 20 22:21:33 CEST 2012

Hi,

I saw in gambas.h that I'm able to install a hook for the event loop. This simply is a function to
be called by the native event loop, as I saw in gb.qt4, right? Is there any policy to respect when I
install such a hook (like saving the former hook and calling it, too to not turn off any essential
attributes of other components)?
Of course, I wouldn't fiddle around with that without a reason: I have a module that will wait for a
key press and from then on continuously raise events until a key release occurs. I need a point
where it makes sense to install a function that periodically dispatches that event. You see, it is
handled by logic so I have no fd or something to GB.Watch()...

Regards,
Tobi