[Gambas-devel] Gambas not finding component

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...176...
Mon Jan 30 01:58:40 CET 2012

Thank you,

My account at SourceForge is rmorgan62. I have not used svn for a few years
so I will need to brush up on it. I've been using git and mercurial
mostly.

Randall

2012/1/29 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>

> Le 29/01/2012 23:57, Randall Morgan a écrit :
> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > I am still working on just getting a single function version of a
> > component to compile and be recognized by Gambas3.
> >
> > I am using Ubuntu 10.10 and 10.04 (two machines). I have used a dozen or
> > more gb.gsl.conf file but I am including
> > my work here as to tar files for your review. I truly want to understand
> > this process so I can contribute not only gsl but
> > convert my tidy library to a c compiled component and would love to do
> > others components as well.
> >
> > I can compile my component without error but Gambas never seems to find
> > it. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > I am including the component source files and the template config for
> > your review. I am sure I have missed something.
> >

> The component must be installed after having been compiled.
>
> I will create gb.gsl in the Gambas repository and grant you a write
> access to it.
>
> You must learn how to use subversion (there is an howto in the wiki),
> you must have a sourceforge account and you must give me its name!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?