[Gambas-devel] Component Config error

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...176...
Sat Jan 28 02:52:30 CET 2012

Hi Benoit,

I have tried a half dozen config files. Here is the latest. I also compared
the config produced by the make-component script with the one found in the
dbus component and found them to be slightly different. I also made sure to
build the libgsl on my system and insure it was available.

/* Copyrights */
#define __COPYRIGHT (c) 2012
#define __AUTHOR Randall Morgan
#define __EMAIL <rmorgan62 at ...176...>

/* Name of the component */
#define __COMPONENT gb.gsl

/* Name of the component with points replaced by underscore */
#define __COMPONENT_UNDERSCORE gb_gsl

/* Short name of the component */
#define __NAME gsl

/* Short name of the component in uppercase */
#define __UNAME GSL

/* Description of the component */
#define __DESCRIPTION GNU Scientific Library component

/* If the component detection uses pkg-config */
#define __USE_PKGCONFIG 0

#if __USE_PKGCONFIG
 /* Name of the package for pkg-config */
#define __PKGCONFIG_NAME gsl-0.1
 /* Minimum version needed */
#define __PKGCONFIG_VERSION 1.2.8
 #else /* __USE_PKGCONFIG */
 /* If your component uses C */
 #define __USE_C 1
 /* If your component uses C++ */
 #define __USE_CPLUSPLUS 1
 /* If your component uses multi-threading */
 #define __USE_THREAD 0
 /* If your component uses X-Window */
 #define __USE_XWINDOW 0
 /* Includes to search for */
 #define __SEARCH_INCLUDE c_gsl.h gsl.h
 /* Includes directories search path */
 #define __SEARCH_INCLUDE_PATH /usr/local/lib /usr/local /usr/lib /usr
 /* Includes sub-directories search */
 #define __SEARCH_INCLUDE_DIR gsl/include include gsl*/include gsl/*/include
 /* Libraries to search for */
#define __SEARCH_LIBRARY libgsl.$SHLIBEXT
 /* Libraries directories search path */
#define __SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local /usr
 /* Libraries sub-directories search path */
#define __SEARCH_LIBRARY_DIR lib
 /* Libraries to link with */
#define __LIBRARY -llibgsl
 /* Includes to link with */
#define __INCLUDE -lgsl
 #endif /* __USE_PKGCONFIG */

/* Source file list */
#define __SOURCES main.c main.h c_gsl.c c_gsl.h

/* Main C/C++ source basename in uppercase */
#define __MAIN_UNAME MAIN

Thanks again for your help!

Randall

> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > Using the configuration generated by the make-component script I get a
> > failed configure in the gsl component directory.
> > I have read the readme and the install dcos as well as reviewed the wiki
> > pages and have failed to find a solution.
> >
> > I am including the config log for your review.
> >
> > Any help you can give on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Randall
> >

> Please provide the '*.conf' file you created for running make-component.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?