[Gambas-devel] Adding files to component projects

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...176...
Thu Feb 2 11:39:17 CET 2012

Good morning Benoit,

I do have an understanding of autotools at a very high level.

I understand that the Makefile contains rules for the files to be compiled.
But I have worked with only the simplest of makefiles, all written by hand
.  I did do a little research before asking this question. I always try to
locate the answers myself first. However, I do not have a good grasp of the
m4 scripting language or it's use in these makefiles. I am also a bit
paranoid of screwing something else up.... In my mind a simple ./reconf
should have done it as it looks to me like the m4 scripts try to locate all
the .c and .h files, and reconf runs autoconf. But I did not get an object
file, c_complex.o file, when I did this. The only dependency on c_complex.c
is in the main file's CLASSES array. So what have I missed?

Thanks,

Randall

2012/2/2 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>

> Le 01/02/2012 14:59, Randall Morgan a écrit :
> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > What do I need to do to include new source files in my component
> project. I
> > have created a set of new files for complex number and will be adding
> > several more files over the course of the project.
> > I tried rebuilding Gambas with ./reconf-all etc... but that didn't work.
> So
> > do I need to manually add my files to one of the autotools files?
> >
> > Thanks again for your help.
> >
> > Randall
> >

> Do you know how autoconf and automake work?
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?