[Gambas-devel] About gb.net.pop3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Aug 30 22:04:52 CEST 2012

Le 30/08/2012 21:56, Sebastian Kulesz a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Benoît Minisini
> <gambas at ...1...> wrote:
>> Hi Sebastian,
>>
>> I am going to make many changes to the interface of your component.
>>
>> It will be faster for me to make them directly rather than explain them
>> by mail.
>>
>> So once I have done my commit, please look at the result and ask me your
>> questions so that I can justify my changes. :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Benoît Minisini

> Sure, no problem. I started implementing a MIME class to parse the
> message. The specification is not difficult to implement, it's just
> large. I intend to first implement parsing the headers of the message
> and body. The only change i made is to create a new class which
> implements the MIME specs and make _POPMessage a child, so there
> should be no conflicts when merging.

Do you use gmime?

The MIME class must not depend on anything specific to Pop3Client.

And you should be able to convert a string to a MIME structure
(receiving mail) and to create a MIME structure, and then convert it to
a string (sending mail).

That way, gb.net.smtp will be able to be rewritten entirely in Gambas. :-)

Benoît Minisini