[Gambas-devel] [RFC] Gambas implementation of the pop3 protocol

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 27 00:57:56 CEST 2012

Le 27/08/2012 00:24, Sebastian Kulesz a écrit :

> It's ridiculous to make Stat private. Why should we hide a pop command
> from the developer? I also prefer to let the developer choose how to
> access the POP commands, either by methods or by using the _get
> _POPMessage instance (we may also implement some type of caching
> here). This may change too

The way it is done in FtpClient is:

- An higher interface like the one I described you for Pop3Client.

- An Exec() method that allows to send FTP command directly.

I think you can do the same. For people who want an access to the POP3
protocol, an Exec() method that takes the POP3 command as a string.

Of course, you still have to handle the difference between one-line
answer and multi-line answer!

Benoît Minisini