[Gambas-devel] [RFC] Gambas implementation of the pop3 protocol

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...176...
Sun Aug 26 22:21:42 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...176...> wrote:
> For the top ... Why not (x).top
>
> Le 26 août 2012 05:31, "Benoît Minisini" <gambas at ...1...> a
> écrit :

>> > Another point: the way you retrieve the data in the Send() method is
>> > false, and it does not respect the protocol.
>>
>> --> Because Lof() returns the number of available bytes at the moment
>> you call it, *not* the number of bytes that will be sent by the other
>> part of the socket, which we can't now, otherwise we would violate the
>> principle of causality and all the world would collapse.
>>
>> --
>> Benoît Minisini

Okey, here it is!

I fixed the socket, implemented the _get method (i had to play a bit
with arguments, it's a little bit dirty, but it works), the
properties, and 2 optional commands. And cleaned the code.

I'm missing a parent class for the SSLClient and TCPClient (but that's
trivial and not urgent) and some other minor paper-cuts. But it works
flawlessly now (depending on the server, obviously. it still has some
bugs)

Thanks a lot for your feedback!