[Gambas-devel] About gb.adt (2)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Aug 24 16:55:35 CEST 2012

Le 24/08/2012 16:01, Emil Lenngren a écrit :
> Haha. I will not force you. But what's the problem? Everybody has
> libstdc++ on their computer. Many other components like gb.qt4,
> gb.image.effect depend on libstdc++.
>
> /Emil

It eats memory. It takes times to load. Other libraries uses libstdc++,
but it is not an argument.

If Tobiad or anyone else finds funny to implement that, like Adrien did
with its XML component, (and if the result works of course), then go!

And who said that libstdc++ is optimized? I'm suspicious.

The Gambas compiler is twice faster in Gambas 3 than in Gambas 2 mainly
because I stopped using the libc standard file routines.

10% of Gambas IDE startup time is spent in a Xlib routine that reads a
X11 compose key configuration file - it reads each file character twice
by using getc()!

So you can see why I'm *always* suspicious with libraries...

Ha, and C++ is awful. :-)

--
Benoît Minisini