[Gambas-devel] About gb.adt (2)

Tobias Boege tobias at ...692...
Fri Aug 24 14:53:45 CEST 2012

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Hi Tobi,
>
> A few thoughts about gb.adt. I don't know if you have rewritten the List
> class yet.

I'm working on the Lists. Maybe tonight it's finished...

> I don't like the "gb.adt" name. Why "abstract datatypes"? They are not
> abstract at all.
>
> The english wikipedia names all these sorts of things (trees, maps,
> lists...) just "data structures".

Hmm, according to what I learnt, a Stack is already an abstract datatype.
Whatever the above Wikipedia author says the one writing this text[0] says
that a Stack _is_ abstract and gives the kind of definition I am used to.

> Maybe you could rename the component "gb.data" then. Because
> "gb.datastructure" is too long, and because "gb.ds" is too short. :-)

But renaming would be no big deal, just that I like 3-character
abbreviations.

> And then you become a very nice guy and make a wonderful implementation
> of red-black trees for all of us. ;-)
>
> --
> Beno?t Minisini

Am I not a very nice guy already? ;-) Yes, such things are in my mind, too,
but I really never did them before. My next goal was trees and graphs,
anyway, but I need information about these structures and algorithms...

Regards,
Tobi

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstract_data_type