[Gambas-devel] someimage.Clear then someimage.Draw raises signal 11

Sat Jan 8 04:37:22 CET 2011

The lines:

   bwater.Clear
   bwater.Draw(dwater, 0, 0, 12288, 12288, 0, 0, 96, 96)

nuke the app. This may be related to the repeated sig 11's I've been
getting which I was unable to reproduce under valgrind:

http://old.nabble.com/signal-11-when-rendering-graphics-using-gb.image-td30486119.html

I'm still getting those, even without the recent someimage.Clear. This
time I was able to guess the cause and add a breakpoint to identify the
offending line. Seems the image routines are a bit susceptible to
crashes, probably trying to write to memory outside the variable
declaration. I'm currently using gt.gui (gtk) and gb.image.

FYI, the .Clear was an attempt to erase the image, rather than
reinitialize it to an undimensioned state. The alpha kept compounding
itself and needed to be cleared. Maybe there's a better way, such as
DrawRect...

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues