[Gambas-devel] gb3: Image.Draw method is missing when using gb.sdl

Wed Jan 5 21:34:53 CET 2011

I'm in the process of converting my app from gb.image only to gb.image +
gb.sdl to improve rendering performance. To my horror I noticed that the
Draw method is no longer available. I'm using the following components:

gb
gb.image
gb.image.effect
gb.image.io
gb.net
gb.sdl
gb.sdl.sound

There is a Copy method, though it doesn't have parameters to specify the
destination coordinates or width/height for scaling. It's like the Draw
method with only the first four parameters. Interestingly good old
DrawAlpha seems to still be there (yay!).

Should there be a Draw method, or is there a different way to achieve
the same functionality? It looks like using "Draw.Image(...)" will work,
so I may have to integrate my rendering directly into the SDL backbuffer
(Screen_Draw[]), though that would require a rewrite of the rendering
pipeline. Final question, if there was an Image.Draw method, would that
bypass SDL and use software rendering? If so it may be best for me to
rewrite the rendering pipeline so it's pure SDL.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues