[Gambas-devel] gb3: possible addition of image "modes", as in The GIMP

Sat Feb 12 19:50:48 CET 2011

On 02/12/2011 09:08 AM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> On 02/11/2011 10:32 PM, Kevin Fishburne wrote:
>>> I wonder how simple or complex the GIMP source code is with regard to
>>> this. If it's small/clean/efficient, it might be pretty easy to
>>> implement. I just downloaded the source code and am searching through it
>>> trying to figure out where the algorithms are for layer compositing.
>>> Anyway, let me know what you all think about it, and I'll let you know
>>> if I find the corresponding GIMP code.
>> I think I found the code. Looks like it's in the app/composite
>> directory, and that it's been optimized in separate files for different
>> CPU enhancements (sse, mmx, etc.). The generic file is called
>> "gimp-composite-generic.c", which I've attached.
> Maybe you can write your program as a Gimp module? :-)

Haha, yes. I think I'll port gb3 and my game to a GIMP plugin. Users can
click Filters, Artistic, Sanctimonia to play. :) Although actually it
would be pretty cool to write GIMP scripts using GAMBAS.

But in all seriousness, does that sound like a good idea? You can tell
I've been trying to beef up gb's graphics capabilities, and that one
might be the nail in the coffin to make it pretty robust.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues