[Gambas-devel] gb3: possible addition of image "modes", as in The GIMP

Sat Feb 12 04:39:09 CET 2011

On 02/11/2011 10:32 PM, Kevin Fishburne wrote:
> I wonder how simple or complex the GIMP source code is with regard to
> this. If it's small/clean/efficient, it might be pretty easy to
> implement. I just downloaded the source code and am searching through it
> trying to figure out where the algorithms are for layer compositing.
> Anyway, let me know what you all think about it, and I'll let you know
> if I find the corresponding GIMP code.

I think I found the code. Looks like it's in the app/composite
directory, and that it's been optimized in separate files for different
CPU enhancements (sse, mmx, etc.). The generic file is called
"gimp-composite-generic.c", which I've attached.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues