[Gambas-devel] A few comment about Tommy's changes

tommyline at ...674... tommyline at ...674...
Tue Aug 2 17:26:30 CEST 2011

Benoit,

I attach valgrind.out file. I hope you would guide me through this maze.
And thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Tomek.

----- Original Message -----
From: Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>
Sent: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:30:12 +0100 (IST)
Subject: Re: [Gambas-devel] A few comment about Tommy's changes

Now you have to learn how to debug with gdb or valgrind, two tools that will
tell you (most of the time) where the segfault comes from.

"segfault" is not an awful error. It is usually the most easier error to fix.

Please read the "Reporting a problem" page on the web site at
http://gambas.sf.net (The same page is in the wiki too). It will tell you how
to get a stack backtrace with gdb of your error.

But before, you must compile the component without optimizations. To do that:

$ make clean
$ make "CFLAGS=-O0 -g" "CXXFLAGS=-O0 -g"

The 'make' arguments override the compilation flags.

To compile again with optimizations:

$ make clean
$ make

Benoît Minisini