[Gambas-devel] A few comment about Tommy's changes

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Aug 2 12:47:26 CEST 2011

> UPS! There is :|. I'm just loosing my head.
>
> 26_Clipping_Stencil: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/local/lib/gambas3/gb.opengl.glu.so: undefined symbol:
> GLUQUADRIC_create
>
> I just noticed the warning in the compiler output:
>
> GLUquadratic.c: In function ‘GLUNEWQUADRIC’:
> GLUquadratic.c:33: warning: implicit declaration of function
> ‘GLUQUADRIC_create’ GLUquadratic.c:33: warning: initialization makes
> pointer from integer without a cast
>
> It may be that.
>
> To be honest, it all makes me feel less and less confident of what I'm
> doing. I'm sorry for the mess.
>
> Tomek.

Don't worry, you are just learning. :-)

You must declare GLUQUADRIC_create in the cgluquadric.h file.

An undefined symbol in the compile shared library means that you forgot adding
'cgluquadric.c' and 'cgluquadric.h' to the Makefile.am file. (It can mean that
you made a typo mistake too).

After adding files to 'Makefile.am', you usually have to do a "./reconf &&
./configure" in the "src/opengl" directory to regenerate the real 'Makefile'
files. (Sometimes it is done automatically, but I am never sure).

Benoît Minisini