[Gambas-devel] A few comment about Tommy's changes

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 1 22:16:56 CEST 2011

> Benoit, I will try to implement your way, but I think much better in the
> morning, so I'll let you know tomorrow how it's going.
>
> Tomek.

No problem. Here is some other comments:

1) I found another Gambas class to implement: one for 'GLUnurbsObj *' returned
by gluNewNurbsRenderer().

2) As for gluDeleteNurbsRenderer() and gluDeleteQuadric(), you don't have to
implement them explicitely, as Gambas objects are not freed explicitely by the
user, but only there is no reference pointing at it anymore.

Concretely, you have to remove the GLUDELETENURBSRENDERER and GLUDELETEQUADRIC
methods.

Instead, you will have to implement the "_free" special method in both
classes. That method is called when a Gambas object is being freed. In that
method, you will be able to call gluDeleteNurbsRenderer() or
gluDeleteQuadric() to release the pointer stored in the Gambas object just
before it dies and returns to the unmanifested world.

--
Benoît Minisini