[Gambas-devel] Installer

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Sep 5 12:32:12 CEST 2010

> Hi.
>
> Do not know if this is the appropriate channel to communicate. If not,
> please let me know and write to the user list.
>
> At this point I still have the evidence to make a Windows-style
> installer, which includes all shared libraries, components and
> executable.
>
> Following the kind indications of Benoit, I have managed to create
> installers for GTK, QT and shell scripts.
>
> All this is slow as I try on in each of the distributions are known and
> date of support.
>
> For example, the script file (exe.sh) to run a console program is as
> follows:
>
> #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -- #!/bin/sh
> export PATH=/home/User/Desktop/Installer/gambas2/bin:"$PATH"
> export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/User/Desktop/Installer/gambas2/lib_shared/usr/lib
> export GB_DIR=/home/User/Desktop/Installer/gambas2
> exec /home/User/Desktop/Installer/console.gambas
> #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
>
> The tree of the installed folder is as follows:

> .
>
> |-- Installer
> |
> |   |-- exe.sh
> |   |-- gambas2
> |   |
> |   |   |-- bin
> |   |   |
> |   |   |   |-- gbr2 -> /home/User/Desktop/Installer/gambas2/bin/gbx2
> |   |   |
> |   |   |   `-- gbx2
> |   |   |
> |   |   |-- lib
> |   |   |
> |   |   |   `-- gambas2
> |   |   |
> |   |   |       |-- gb.so
>
> -> /home/User/Desktop/Installer/gambas2/lib/gambas2/gb.so.0.0.0
>
> |   |   |       |-- gb.so.0
>
> -> /home/User/Desktop/Installer/gambas2/lib/gambas2/gb.so.0.0.0
>
> |   |   |       `-- gb.so.0.0.0
> |   |
> |   |   `-- lib_shared
> |   |
> |   |       `-- usr
> |   |
> |   |           `-- lib
> |   |
> |   |               |-- libffi.so.5
>
> -> /home/User/Desktop/Installer/gambas2/lib_shared/usr/lib/libffi.so.5.0.10
>
> |   |               `-- libffi.so.5.0.10
> |
> |   `-- console.gambas

> --
>
> The file gbr2 was compiled with 2.10.1 GLIBC in Ubuntu 9.10.
>
> If I run the script, runs smoothly on any computer with GBLIC version
> 2.10.1.
>
> Now, if I run the program in Ubuntu 10.4, an error is generated due to
> the incompatibility of GLIBC. (This uses the version 2.11 of glibc)

> ---------- gbr2: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not
> found (required by gbr2)
> [...]

I don't know why the program is running that way: "$prefix/lib/ld-linux.so.2
..."

Maybe you can try:

- Running it directly, provided that ld-linux.so.2 is already located in your
$prefix/lib directory.

- Or running "gbr2 <program>.gambas" instead of running "<program>.gambas"
directly. It should do the same thing.

Benoît Minisini