[Gambas-devel] $50 bounty for backporting a gb3 method to gb2 tree

Ron ron at ...572...
Thu Oct 28 08:44:27 CEST 2010

On 28-10-2010 8:31, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> 2010/10/28 kevinfishburne<kevinfishburne at ...590...>:
>>
>> Benoît Minisini wrote:
>>> Why don't you try to compile Gambas 3? What problems do you have?
>>>
>> I have successfully compiled and run gb3 over many months. The issues are
>> multiple, regardless of compile date.
>>
>> Open season for whoever wants $50 US. Please backport the source code for
>> the DrawAlpha method/function in the gb.image module from gb3 to gb2 and
>> return the code to me. Don't worry about the source tree, as the code will
>> be publicly available. No binaries or gbx code, only C/C++. PayPal, Google
>> Checkout and all other payment methods including cash are acceptable.
>>
>> Thanks for your help, and let's make the gb.image library awesome.
>>
>> -----
>> Kevin Fishburne, Eight Virtues
>> www:  http://sales.eightvirtues.com http://sales.eightvirtues.com
>> e-mail:  mailto:sales at ...590... sales at ...590...
>> phone: (770) 853-6271
>> --

> but ... gb2 will be replaced by gb3 in few month ...

Are there other people running BIG projects with gb3 24/7 yet?
With BIG I mean not just a project with lot of code lines, but a
versatile project using all kinds of components together.
I'm trying to get my project (domotiga.nl) running and be stable on gb3,
but it's not stable / usable enough yet, and a few month is too short to
get it running the way gb2 does for years now.

I have reported 2 signal #11 bug reports (reproducable on 2 diff
systems), which have to be solved before I can test my project further.
I know Benoit is busy with his hobby, so I'm patient, and I know he can
fix bugs very fast.

But just don't put oil on the fire every time by telling
developers/users that gb2 is gone in a few months.
Because if that's the case in the state it's in now, I'm afraid I must
go find another language/IDE to port my project too.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.