[Gambas-devel] $50 bounty for backporting a gb3 method to gb2 tree

Thu Oct 14 04:37:34 CEST 2010

  On 10/13/2010 05:47 AM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> What does "glitchy" mean? It is not in my english dictionary.

A glitch is a malfunction or in my case a bug. The gb3 build a few
months ago had some IDE GUI issues that prevented me from using it and
none of the Draw methods worked. More specifically, clicking on
different panes or text input fields with the mouse wouldn't change
focus in the IDE to accept input. Keyboard commands would also refuse to
be acknowledged after running an app, such as F5. I'd have to close
GAMBAS, then re-run it for the input to be temporarily restored. All the
Draw routines would draw anything visibly. Those issues may have been
addressed already (I need to build it again I suppose), but I'm hesitant
to migrate my project to gb3 since it's still beta.
> And Gambas 2 will be deprecated soon. Well, before the end of the year...
I hope that means that gb3 is near release-readiness then. I have no
problem migrating, I just need it to be reasonably stable. The main
reason I requested a backport was because I had no idea when gb3 was
going to reach 3.0. Could have been another year for all I knew.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues