[Gambas-devel] Ideas4Gambas

Fabián Flores Vadell fabianfloresvadell at ...176...
Fri Jun 4 19:19:27 CEST 2010

Hi Benoit and all devs.

I found in my desk a file that I wrote some time ago, about some
things I would like to see in Gambas. I'm surprised about that Gambas
3 has incorporated some.

Well, some ideas maybe are stupid or unrealizable, but I would like to
know what you think about them. There are only two, to not be heavy:

IDEA: Gambas could provide an abbreviated way to declare members in a
class. I'm sloth and I like avoid writing code as much as possible

Instead to write:

PRIVATE $sFirstName AS String
PRIVATE $sSurName AS String
PRIVATE $iAge AS Integer
PRIVATE $iWeight AS Integer

Alternately, write that code in this way or something like that:

PRIVATE $sFirstName, $sSurName AS String
PRIVATE $iAge, $iWeight AS Integer = {21, 75}

Or much better:

PRIVATE
  $sFirstName, $sSurName AS String
  $iAge, $iWeight AS Integer = {21, 75}

  CONST
    ACONST, OTHER, ANOTHER AS Byte = {0,1,2}

I used "{}" because it's a common math symbol, used to define sets.

IDEA: Gambas could make writing and running unit tests

Building a framework to facilitate the construction, implementation
and evaluation of unit tests. Maybe by adapting some of existing test
frameworks.

Regards.

--
Fabián Flores Vadell