[Gambas-devel] gb3 help text obscuring important information

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Mon Jan 25 09:39:27 CET 2010

2010/1/25 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:

>> > i've tested both in gnome and kde, with and without help and with and
>> > without compiz.. and i see nothing like that ...
>>
>> Urgh. Ok, ta.
>>
>> > Maybe Benoit on mandriva can be more lucky :/
>>

> No. The completion popup is always shown on top of the signature popup
> whatever I tried.
>
> Do you have the completion popup hidden all the time? Or sometimes?

It appeared to be all the time, but I just found an instance where it
is correctly displayed

I have this line, for example:

EpochTime = Replace(EpochTime, mConst.$lf, mConst.$empty)

Now, if I backspace m and e from "Replace(EpochTime", sometimes I get
what is shown in snapshot1.png, and sometimes I get what is shown in
snapshot2.png. It isn't predictable.

The popup for the variable named EpochTime is obscured by the
signature popup in snapshot2.png. This seems to happen more often than
not, even if I use the exact same steps whenever I test it.

When I get the variable popup obscured by the signature, as in
snapshot2, if I then backspace the f in "Replace(EpochTime,
mConst.$lf", it displays as shown in snapshot3, however it appears to
be inconsistent. As I said, if I repeat the same steps I don't always
get the same result.

If I click on another line in the editor to change the insertion point
then go back to backspace the f in "Replace(EpochTime, mConst.$lf"
then I get what is shown in snapshot4.