[Gambas-devel] Another gb3 IDE Editor anomaly

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 9 00:49:45 CET 2010

> The gb3 IDE attemps to correct programmer mistakes by modifying "
> &SOMEFIELD" into "& SOMEFIELD", however it fails to correctly modify
> the assumed error if SOMEFIELD contains an underscore. For example,
> this line:
>
>  oPost.FinalPost &= mConst.$crlf &HDR_NEWSGROUPS & oPost.NewsgroupsHeader
>
> Becomes:
>
>  oPost.FinalPost &= mConst.$crlf & HD R_NEWSGROUPS & oPost.NewsgroupsHeader
>
> See attached image.
>
> This isn't a major issue but it may present problems to new users.
>
> Regards,

I didn't have the time yet to look at all your posts.

I just can say that I have a refresh problem with the editor when there is a
popup displayed on it that is hidden. But not everytime! (That would be too
easy...). I never found why, so I think there is maybe some Qt bug there. But
I'm not sure.

As for the "&HDR_NEWSGROUP", it is because the syntax analyzer is a bit
stupid. &H is the syntax for hexadecimal numbers, so it takes &HD for an
hexadecimal number, and then takes the rest for an identifer. Maybe it could
be more clever by taking into accound that there is no space and another
alphanumeric caracter just after &HD. I will see what I can do...

Benoît Minisini