[Gambas-devel] gb3 Split() problem

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Mon Jan 4 15:17:25 CET 2010

2010/1/4 Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...176...>:

> "/n" represent just one character in fact ...

I know full well that "/n" is one character. I also know full well
that " /n" is two characters.

And still we are left with " /n", like "||", being two distinct separators.

> chr(10) it's a special escaped character

Chr(10) is not a special escaped character unless I use " Escape AS
String". I do not recall ever using that in the examples I have given
to you.

So, I repeat my question, if I specify "||" as the separator, am I
specifying "||" as the separator or am I specifying "|" as a separator
and "|" as a different separator entirely?

The questions here are these:

1) Are you correct?

2) Is the UI correct?

3) Is the documentation correct?

My answer is that you are wrong and the documentation is wrong.

That means the UI is correct. Separator is singular.