[Gambas-devel] gb3 Split() problem

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Mon Jan 4 14:22:15 CET 2010

2010/1/4 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:

> No, you can have several different separators. Each character in the
> "Separators" is a possible separator. This is the reason why Separator is
> written in the plural.

Hang about...

Are you saying that if the Separators are defined as "aZ" then "a" and
"Z" are two different separators?

If so, why is Separator defined as a string, which is a sequence of characters?

If "aZ" is a string then it is a string, not two individual characters
meaning two different things. That is,"aZ" means exactly that "aZ",
not "a" OR "Z".

A string comprising "aZ" is not "a" or "Z", it is "aZ", end of story.
But if you say that "aZ" defines two distinct separators then "a" is
Char and "Z" is Char, and gb does not have a Char type.

There is a serious logic problem here, Benoit.

I'm sorry to ruin your introduction to 2010, but these are genuine
problems that need to be dealt with if you want gb3 to be released to
the unthinking masses this year.

I might suspect that you are using regex to simply solve a complex
problem but I wouldn't come right out and say such a thing, hey.

Sorry, squire. You''ll have to work harder to get past this old fool.
I get to 72 in late February.

:()