[Gambas-devel] Gambas deploy with crosscompiler.

Matteo Lisi matteo.lisi at ...648...
Mon Feb 1 15:25:34 CET 2010

Hi , Benoît  and thanks for your reply ...

But what the make install do ?

We can change this script for an ARM installation , and make install on
the ARM system.

Then:
./configure and make  on PC side
make  install on ARM

(I have the autoconf and make packet on ARM)

what do you think ?

Regards

Il 01/02/2010 14.21, Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
>>> Hi to All.
>>>
>>> I'm writing to you to tell an issue that I had when I tried to port
>>> gambas on my embedded arm system:
>>>
>>> Usually On Embedded system linux based, I have not a compiler that run
>>> on target but It's used a crosscompiler that runs on PC and produce
>>> executable for the embedded system.
>>>
>>> For the gambas Installation I can run without problem the steps
>>> "./configure" and "make".
>>> When I run make install the procedure exit with error, because ( I think
>>> ) the installation script try to execute the gambas compiler that it's
>>> not for PC architecture.
>>>
>> The compiler is compiled for ARM during the "make" step, and installed
>>   during "make install" before anything that needs it. So you should not
>>   have any problem.
>>
>> Please provide the full output of ./configure, make and make install, and
>> please tell which distribution you run on the ARM.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> Ah, OK, I should have read your mail before answering it. :-)
>
> Yes, that won't work, as you described. The installation script wants to run
> the compiler compiled for ARM.
>
> So the question is: is there a way to detect that we are compiling on another
> architecture in the configuration files? Then we will tell the user that the
> local gambas compiler will be used, and so that it must be present!
>
> Regards,
>

> Nessun virus nel messaggio in arrivo.
> Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
> Versione: 9.0.733 / Database dei virus: 271.1.1/2660 -  Data di rilascio: 01/31/10 20:35:00

http://www.engicam.com <http://www.engicam.com>

*ENGICAM s.r.l.*
Progettazione di sistemi elettronici
50018 Scandicci - FIRENZE
Via dei Pratoni, 16 int. 13 O-N
P.I. 05389070482

http://www.freescale.com <http://www.freescale.com> › Matteo Lisi
<mailto:matteo.lisi at ...648...>
( +39 055 7311387
6 +39 055 7318333
NOTICE: This message and attachments are intended only for the use of
their addresses and may contain confidential information belonging to
Engicam. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any reading, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the original sender immediately and