[Gambas-devel] signal 11 when rendering graphics using gb.image

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Dec 18 15:10:37 CET 2010

> I've been receiving this message seemingly randomly in gb2 and now in
> gb3 using gb.image. It happens about 10% of the time upon running the
> client and seems to start around the time it begins rendering the
> graphics. The project is located here and is large due to the png
> graphics files:
>
> http://www.eightvirtues.com/sanctimonia/software/Sanctimonia.tar.bz2
>
> It may be a bit difficult to get it running, as it requires a client and
> server with different IP addresses so that they can communicate with
> each other. I use a VirtualBox VM in Ubuntu 10.10 with a static IP
> address to get them talking on the same PC. Please let me know if you
> need help getting the app running. You need a USB gamepad to move
> around, although this isn't necessary to raise the signal 11 as it's
> raised upon running the client.

You must enabled core dumps on your machine, and use gdb on it to get a
backtrace after your program has crashed. Or use gdb directly.

Do compile gambas without optimizations before.

$ cd /xxxx/trunk
$ make clean
$ make "CFLAGS=-O0 -g" "CXXFLAGS -00 -g"
$ sudo make install
$ cd /yyyy/Sanctimonia
$ gdb gbx3
(gdb) run
*crash*
(gdb) bt

Then send me the result of the 'bt' command.

Benoît Minisini