[Gambas-devel] Signal 11 rev 3124

Ron ron at ...572...
Tue Aug 24 12:04:06 CEST 2010

  On 24-8-2010 10:45, Benoît Minisini wrote:

>>> Either the gb.form component was not correctly compiled, either there was
>>> a bug that corrupted memory. Can you use valgrind to run your program
>>> until you get the previous error message then the crash, and send me the
>>> output?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>> Benoît,
>>
>> gb.form compile was ok:
>> ---
>> Compiling gb.form...
>> OK
>> Installing gb.form...
>> ---
>> Corrupted memory is the fault, see attached the valgrind log.
>> As far as I can see with my untrained eye, it reflects exactly what
>> happens, it crashes on a window close because of an uninitialised value.
>>
>> This was run against rev 3127. on Ubuntu 10.04, gb.qt4
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ron_2nd.
> That's worse than that. Apparently you display an error message with
> Message.Error(), but there is a running timer that triggers and close a
> window.
>
> I need your source code and a way to reproduce the bug, to be able to fix it.
>
> Regards,

I show a splash screen when I start my program with FSplashscreen.Showmodal
and indeed there is a timer in it to close it after x seconds.

Maybe not the best way implemented, but it works 100% in gambas2.
And I guess you know by now that my coding style sure is a bug magnet ;)

But it's a big project with a database etc, i'll will sent you login
details for my system per e-mail in a minute.
So you can take a look at the other issues to if you want.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.