[Gambas-devel] Compiling on Windows...

François garulfounix at ...176...
Wed Aug 18 16:37:23 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 18 août 2010 16:11:05, mindiell at ...227... a écrit :
> > Start by installing a Cygwin environment that works.
>
> Ok, is MinGW compatible or only CygWin ?
> I thought MinGW was able to do it...

I recommend you to use CygWin that contains many tools and librairies from
UNIX to Windows. Most of librairies needed to compile Gambas are into Cygwin.
MinGW is a part that complete Cygwin. A kind of set that allows you to get a
UNIX shell around librairies (like Qt, Gtk+ ... and so on).

> > In second place, begin to read Gambas's source code. This one use
> > sometimes a lot of Linux system call and so, you must find equivalent
> > functions for Windows.
>
> Yep, but What I want to know is if each module is a library or if I only
> have to compile the "main" thing. What I saw is a lot of main.c files in a
> lot of directories... I'm a little confused with that. Do these stuff
> create some .so (.dll in windows) ?

No, to use fully Gambas you have to compile the main/ directory and the gb.qt
component. The rest is not mandatory but recommanded of course.

Have a look at this page : http://gambas.sourceforge.net/en/architecture.html
This is the Gambas architecture where you can click on each parts to see a
small explanation. Through this you'll have an idea on how the project works
over all.