[Gambas-devel] BUG signal 11 when using webkit web browser

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Aug 4 13:41:03 CEST 2010

> Benoît Minisini wrote:
> >> This is for Benoit:-D
> >>
> >> Gambas3 console window shows the following after crash
> >>
> >> warning: unable to load Qt translation: en_US
> >> QWebInspector: QSettings couldn't read configuration setting
> >> [resourceTrackingEnabled].
> >> QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
> >> such file or directory
> >> QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/paul/.config/ibus/bus
> >> Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
> >> IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
> >>
> >> (process:2460): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
> >> /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.24.1/gobject/gtype.c:2706: You forgot to call
> >> g_type_init()
> >>
> >> (process:2460): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion
> >> `initialization_value != 0' failed
> >>
> >> (process:2460): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion
> >> `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
> >>

> >> cannot trap with 'TRY'
> >>
> >> Happens accessing  http://www.powerbasic.com
> >>
> >> thanks for any help
> >
> > I have no crash there. I guess that the Flash plugin is guilty...
>
> well I tended to agree, but with all websettings off -except for loading
> pictures- it still crashes with same glib complaints:confused:

Don't. Webkit is not finished yet, and maybe you are using a different version
than me, and so you have a crash and I don't.

Maybe the Qt/Webkit error messages would help to find the problem? Your
environment? Which desktop do you use? Can you try from a user account created
from scratch?

Or maybe I patched Webkit so that it crashes for everything having "basic" in
its name and that is not Gambas? ;-)

--
Benoît Minisini