[Gambas-devel] MessageLabel and DatePicker

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 1 04:04:27 CEST 2010

> Hi, I just read the log entry:
>
> [GB.FORM]
> * BUG: Fix the behaviour of automatic expanding in the DirView control.
> * NEW: Hide DatePicker and MessageLabel controls. They have many problems,
>  and I want to see if someone use them.
>
> I just want to let you know that I use MessageLabel (as a Status bar)
> in all my Gambas project (of course, I wrote it). But if it isn't
> helpful to someone else, just delete and I can add it to my projects.
>
> Regards
> ---
> David

I just wanted to know who uses it, and I'd like to know if you are interesting
in enhancing it or not.

I'd like to have a widget that would display messages inside the application,
and that have a close button to automatically hide it, and eventually buttons.

Something that would be cool then is making a component that would replace the
standard message dialog boxes by a MessageLabel inside the main window
automagically.

Are you interested in enhancing the component? If you are not, I will replace
MessageLabel by it sooner or later anyway. :-)

Benoît Minisini