[Gambas-devel] "User components" replaced by "Libraries" in Gambas 3

David Villalobos Cambronero david.villalobos.c at ...176...
Mon Apr 26 16:06:19 CEST 2010

2010/4/25 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>

> Hi,
>
> In the last revision, I added the implementation of "libraries" in Gambas
> 3.
> That libraries completely replace the "user components" concept of Gambas
> 2.
>
> How does it work?
>
> You have a new tab named "libraries" in the IDE project property dialog. In
> that tab, you can define a list of gambas executables (*.gambas files) that
> will be used as libraries.
>
> When adding a library to a project, the IDE will extract from it all the
> information needed for the automatic completion, as for the normal
> components.
>
> These libraries will be loaded at program startup by the interpreter
> exactly
> like any component written in Gambas.
>
> When your project in run in debugging mode, i.e. from the IDE, the
> libraries
> are located by using the absolute path specified in the project property
> dialog.
>
> But when running the project normally, the library is searched in the
> following directory only:
> - The same directory as the project.
> - /usr/bin
> - /bin
>
> So, a Gambas executable that must act as a library for another program must
> be
> installed in /bin, /usr/bin, or in the same directory as the program using
> it.
>
> Now I'm waiting for your comments about this new feature!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

I think it will be nice to warm the user the paths were new application will
try to find the libraries, so he will keep it in mind.

--
Regards
---