[Gambas-devel] Gambas on MAC

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 26 23:09:50 CET 2009

> Hi Benoit, I got a MAC-Intel, if you want I can open a ssh connection for
>  you to make some test.

Yes it could be useful!

With Mac/Intel, there is no endianness problem anymore. And the Unix part is
based on FreeBSD, where Gambas compiles as far as I know. There is just a
recent problem on FreeBSD (with the Round() function), but I have not enough
information to understand what happens. Maybe I will see the same problem on
Mac and will be able to fix it.

The big problem is: I have no idea how GUI component will run.

- How Qt and GTK+ work on Mac-OSX?

- The gambas GUI components use many X11 specific stuff. Is there some sort of
X11 emulation on Mac-OSX?

If you have some answer about that, i.e. you can successfully compile the
Gambas sources on Mac (which will mean that X11 libraries are present, and
that Qt or GTK+ have no problem with Mac OSX), it will be a huge step!

>  I think in some time I will have aviable a MAC for
>  you to make more test.

What do you mean exactly?

--
Benoît Minisini