[Gambas-devel] Programming a component with gambas

Lars Hoeger gambasdeveloper at ...628...
Fri Mar 6 16:41:41 CET 2009

Hello,

i try to program a virtual component (it is the first one) which
connects to a Server and communicates with it. I allready read the
dokumentation How To Program Components In Gambas
<http://gambasdoc.org/help/dev/gambas?view> an walked through all the
code located in the /comp/src directory.
The component has only three properties which should be set in the
gambas-IDE as well as by code.

Everything works fine: in the gambas ide you can place the new control
on a form and the properties where shown as they should be.

If I run the program it stops with "Not enough arguments". I think in
comes from the _init() part.

If I create a new Control in my Code:

DIM CTItmp as new CTI(Fmain),

it works, but without the default values. Can anyone explain me, what i
did wrong?

Here is the Code of the Control called CTI (its picture is named
cti.png). It should just print the given values. The rest of the
functionality will come later...

' Gambas class file

EXPORT

INHERITS UserControl

EVENT CTIReady
EVENT CTINotReady
EVENT TELAlerting
EVENT TELRinging(Anrufer AS String)
EVENT TELInBound
EVENT TELOutBound

PROPERTY Port AS Integer
PROPERTY Server AS String
PROPERTY Nebenstelle AS Integer

PUBLIC CONST _Properties AS String =
"Port=12345,Server=192.168.0.1,Nebenstelle=100"

PRIVATE INTport AS Integer
PRIVATE STRserver AS String
PRIVATE INTnebenstelle AS Integer

PUBLIC SUB _new()

  PRINT "New:"
  PRINT STRserver
  PRINT INTport
  PRINT INTnebenstelle

END

STATIC PUBLIC SUB _init()

  PRINT "_init() :-)"

END

PUBLIC SUB Connect()

  PRINT "Will connect to " & STRserver

END

PRIVATE FUNCTION Port_Read() AS Integer

  RETURN INTport

END

PRIVATE SUB Port_Write(Value AS Integer)

  INTport = Value

END

PRIVATE FUNCTION Server_Read() AS String

  RETURN STRserver

END

PRIVATE SUB Server_Write(Value AS String)

  STRserver = Value

END

PRIVATE FUNCTION Nebenstelle_Read() AS Integer

  RETURN INTnebenstelle

END

PRIVATE SUB Nebenstelle_Write(Value AS Integer)

  INTnebenstelle = Value

END

Regards

Lars Hoeger