[Gambas-devel] Video4Linux2 compile error svn Gambas 3 on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04

Ron_1st ronstk at ...124...
Sun Jul 26 04:55:46 CEST 2009

---8<-----
> > exists for later maintenance, I agree with that too
> > Best regards,
>
> Thanks, I committed your changes. I put between #if 0 ... #endif some lines of
> codes in CWebcam.c, in the function CWEBCAM_source, because they were dirty
> and I thought they were doing nothing real. If I was wrong, please tell me,
> but please clean up this part of the code.

Code is orginal from Daniel Campos and rework by Gareth.
If you mean the BEGIN PROPERTY(CWEBCAM_source), I do not see dirty code.

You can have your webcam connected to a TV-Card and the card can have 4 input
connections with one out of for video norms.

I use sometimes 4 cameras connected to a multiplexer and the output goes into a
Terratec TV-Card(v4l1 and v4l2) composite input.
The usb Philips webcam(v4l2) looks to Schiphol Airport and a usb microscoop(v4l1)
is also time by time in use.
By using vloopback the mix of v4l1 and v4l2 works but setup is a mess this way.
The flash/swf object on the webpage accept only v4l1.
I'm now using a complete hardware solution with seperate monitor.

> > So there are only two files involved in my change:
> > 1) 'CWebcam.h', 2) 'gv4l2.c'
> >
> > Code from trunk gambas3 revision ??? (~1860) in v4l2_src.tar.gz
> >
> > Ron_1st
> >

> > PS:
> > I did post about this change here in the list several times
> > found:
> > [Gambas-devel]  unknown V4L2_PIX_FMT_???? formats at 2009-01-24 18:40
> > [Gambas-devel] gbv4l2.c missing some V4L2_PIX_FMT_ format declaration
> > kubunt 8.04 at 2009-01-28 20:04
> > and my patch
> > [Gambas-devel] gb.v4l rework the gv4l2.c at 2009-02-22 17:51
> > [Gambas-devel] gb.v4l rework the gv4l2.c at 2009-02-22 17:53 (gv4l2c.zip)
> > I do not have the mood to reread it all again.
> > For me I just put "my" gv4l2.c and see what happens.
> > I did start a new v4l2 project but my actual split to seperate parts where
> > not welkom at that time.
> > I did need support for more as ONE camera and some with sound and/or a
> > tuner.
> >

> > Just some old brainstorm:
> > dim camdev as new v4ldev("BT878") 'the device from v4l2
> > dim tuner1 as new v4ltuner('"DVBT") ' add the tuner
> > dim tuner2 as new v4ltuner('"DVBC") ' an other type tuner
> > dim sound1 as new v4lsound("bt878snd") ' where sound come from
> >   tun.channels.load=file("channels.txt") 'I want to see TV5, ARD, RTL
> >   camdev.tuner=tuner1
> >   camdev.sound=sound1
> >   camdev.ctrl.load=file("control.txt") ' my default image/sound settings
> >   camdev.ctrl.volume=25 ' always use at start now in percent
> >   camdev.ctrl.brightness=50 ' same for the image
> >
> > This way you could add those available parts to the device you need.
> > The idea was to make a general component usable for webcam and other
> > video/tv cards.
>
> I have no news from Gareth for a long time. But if you can enhance the
> component in a sane, beautiful and powerful way, don't hesitate! :-)

I should cleanup my mind and create a proposal for review.
In the discusion at start this year Gareth wishes where a single simple
component just for the webcam he owns. I had another webcam with some other
functions and did a proposal to make subcomponents, the tuner and sound, but
it was denied at that time.
The code I had at that moment as VB aplication and C driver source for Windows
made by me for a video security system was a good template but I dumped all
the windows code a few months back.

> Just explain things in detail, as I don't know anything about v4l, camera,
> tuner, etc. I will be able to give you advices about the component interface.

Big parts of the current code is usable with none or minor modifications.
The hardest point will be the seperation to and adding the subcomponents and
the a correct naming of them.

I'll look at it what I can do.

> Best regards,

Best regards,