[Gambas-devel] Gambas 3 thingies (was ubuntu)

Ron ron at ...572...
Thu Jul 23 16:06:07 CEST 2009

Benoît Minisini wrote:
>>> I thought your program uses GTK+. The IDE uses QT4 in Gambas 3, so your
>>> QT4 style displays frames without borders, whereas your QT3 style does.
>>> Just use a QT4 style that displays frames with border if you want them
>>> (blah bad taste...)
>>>
>> Yes that was the cause, so Ubuntu's default style called "Desktop
>> Settings (default)" is leaving out the frame border.
>> Changed it to "Cleanlooks"
>>
>> I only now realise the biggest problem is not porting my project from v2
>> to v3 by changing the syntax and apply other changes where needed.
>> But porting my app from qt to qt4, it looks horrendous with every qt4
>> style I use. Foreground/background issues, text size/alignment issues.
>> Errors about invalid x/y positions with as result not displaying any
>> contents at all..
>>

> Do you have more details, screenshots... about these problems?
>
> For the Qt4 style, you can use the GTK+ style, so that you have the same look
> than GTK+ applications.

I will try to gather some screenshots for you.

GTK+ style is the one not displaying frame borders, don't want that.
Maybe it's the same as 'Desktop Settings (default) on Ubuntu.

Some of the text issues are due to the fact that I set the background of
my program windows to "TextBackground" to make it look nice, my own
fault I guess.
All objects placed on it (such as Workspaces look a bit strange then)

I also noticed in Gambas3 that the small handle to hide/unhide a toolbar
doesn't work anymore (with qt and qt4), is there a new property involved
to active this?
In the IDE itself you get the popup Toolbar configuration menu when you
click it.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.