[Gambas-devel] Gambas 3 on Ubuntu

Ron ron at ...572...
Thu Jul 23 10:09:03 CEST 2009

Ron_1st wrote:

>>> Ok, you are joking are you, I sure hope so?
>>>
>>> At first I thought well ok must have missed a document overthere, but not.
>>> Tried these steps before...
>>>
>>> This is my result:
>>>
>> Strange, you seem to have done well.
>>
>> Can you send me the full output of (./reconf && ./configure && make) and the
>> output of "make install"?
>>

> It looks to me as the same problem I had in the past with 8.04 or at
> least has some common points.

I have updated the source from the svn version of yesterday to the one
of today and tried again.

It worked now, so I guess Benoit fixed a few problems since yesterday.
(The Database component errors are gone for example)
Although I have a few errors/warning left during the build, the IDE runs
now. See attached logs.
(a link which already there (ie tried to create twice) and a syntax
errors in ServerPages.

I'm trying to port my 2.14 project without having to build the whole gui
again, don't know if I will succeed, and it needs hacking I know, but I
guess this way I come across all the changes between those versions.

My first comments:
When you try to compile your version 2 project it complaints about Bad
Form file version, quite understandable, but could this error be
extended with the name of the form? This will make it easier to do
underwater corrections to the files.

If you have a project open and you want to start a new one next to it,
you have no option to do that, ie. it will close the open project
without asking.
When you want to open an existing project you can select []Open in
Another Window, this is also true for Gambas2, could this option be added?

And i'm missing the open toolbox icon in the toolbar, it's not there
anymore, it's only in the Tools menu.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.