[Gambas-devel] Debug info for freeze problem

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 28 00:18:22 CET 2009

On mardi 27 janvier 2009, stefano wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 20/01/2009 alle 23.38 +0100, stefano ha scritto:
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > I have one question: sometimes my Gambas application stop to work...
> > what can I check to understand why ?
> > Whith ps -e command I see the gbx2 is running but my GUI is freeze, the
> > serial line don't manage any character, also the touch screen don't
> > work... but the system is live, apache works but the socket that spoke
> > with my application don't work, I can work in that situation with ssh...
> > but not with vnc server (freeze of course).
> > I don't have in that system a window manager, only server X on Debian
> > lenny distro.
> > Gambas ver is 2.6.... you must to know that the system works 24 hour per
> > day.... but sometimes in one day stop 2 times (for example) after can
> > works for a week and so on.
> > Gambas have some log file, trace file that I can check ? or have you any
> > tips for me ?
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance for your cooperation.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Stefano Pria
>
> Hi Mr.Benoit
> I followed your instruction and this is the result that you ask me... I
> hope that this number is more clear for you than for me.... thank's a
> lot for all your work !!
>
> If you need other info don't worry to ask me... I still work with 2.6
> ver, tonight I improve the new version 2.10.2...
>
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0xb6edbd51 in write () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0xb678f6a2 in ?? () from /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.net.so
> #2  0x0000000f in ?? ()
> #3  0x0a20e208 in ?? ()
> #4  0x00000008 in ?? ()
> #5  0x00000008 in ?? ()
> #6  0x09f9bd44 in ?? ()
> #7  0x00000005 in ?? ()
> #8  0xbfc5c108 in ?? ()
> #9  0x0804bc2b in ?? ()
> #10 0x0aff6fd0 in ?? ()
> #11 0x09f9bd80 in ?? ()
> #12 0x00000000 in ?? ()
> (gdb)

Not really useful: but if you compile Gambas from sources, you will get the
debugging information. Anyway, the interpreter seems to be locked in a
write() system call from the gb.net component. Maybe the 2.10.2 version will
improve the situation, as there are many changes related to gb.net in it.