[Gambas-devel] unknown V4L2_PIX_FMT_???? formats

Ron_1st ronstk at ...124...
Sat Jan 24 23:13:43 CET 2009

On Saturday 24 January 2009, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the standard header files from Ubuntu 8.10.
>
> None of these lines are "required", they're essentially there so people can report devices / required conversion routines that 'exist' but are not supported .. so a quick fix is to comment out all of these lines.
>
> I was unaware these things may not exist in different versions of V4L2, I will see if I can insert some ifdef's to trap these errors out .. in the meantime, my videodev2.h is attached ..

No need for ifdef's
Define only the case you handle and for the  not supported exclude with the //
the  case default: gv4l2_debug("Frame in unknown format"); should be enough.
In other (older) distribution there can occurs again differences in this file.

> Gareth.

Thanks, I did indeed remark those lines and the make was OK.

ron at ...170...:~/src/gambas/trunk$ gambas3.gambas
ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'Project': Unable to load class file
Investigating but no idea what to look for yet. :(
All is in /usr/local as prefix now.

With kdiff3 it looks almost a clean-up/nice-making up of code but
around line 521 in struct v4l2_framebuffer:

8.04	void*	base;
8.10	void	*base;
Looks for me different meaning.

The rest found are additions in 8.10 so it looks safe to me to us
your version in /usr/include/linux.

Go find the 'Project' problem now.

Best regards,

Ron_1st