[Gambas-devel] SVN, Image / memory fixes ...

Gareth Bult gareth at ...560...
Fri Jan 23 13:03:03 CET 2009

Ok,

I've committed two fixes .. so SVN now compiles, and my camera demo now runs without crashing OR leaking memory .. :)

You may want to restore your format calculation in IMAGE_size if you fix all other instances where you calculate the size of the image, however for now a small memory inefficiency gets around the problem. However, if you rely on the image format flag to calculate the prospective memory requirement then there's always a chance the format code will get screwed which will crash an app .. might be safer just to allocate the max memory required, given the hit is just 25% additional storage on images ... ?

Incidentally, running 2 cameras for 10 mins and and it's not leaked a byte ... :)

Gareth.
--
Managing Director, Encryptec Limited
Tel: 0845 5082719, Mob: 0785 3305393