[Gambas-devel] V4L2 for Gambas ...

Ron_1st ronstk at ...124...
Thu Jan 22 10:38:31 CET 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On jeudi 22 janvier 2009, Gareth Bult wrote:
> > Incidentally .. can someone give me a practical example of why one might
> > want to use the "stream" feature of "VideoDevice" on a webcam?  (before I
> > add the code .. because I'm not sure I see the point ??)
> >

> I don't know too if it is really useful to consider a webcam like a stream.

In fact with stream I did mean _any form_ of the frames.
Other wise you may say it is comming from /dev/video and "in *nix all is a file"
The name stream did sound good for me compare with i.e. th stream used in gambas.
On the web it is also used as streaming audio/video media.

It was just a general name to have.

Best regards,

Ron_1st