[Gambas-devel] V4L2 for Gambas ...

Ron_1st ronstk at ...124...
Wed Jan 21 01:23:53 CET 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Sorry, my question was, why were some (arbitrary) properties put into a subclass called "features" rather than just being properties of the class. For example;
>
> Why do we use;
>
> webcam.Features.Name
>
> Rather than;
>
> webcam.Name
>
> It just seems to add a layer of complication for no apparent reason ??
>
> Gareth.

Could be because not every hardware video device _has_ these controls.
the /dev/videoX is the link to the stream.
Features are a dev_sub thing on the /dev/videoX
My videocard has some Features that not all cards have too

if webcam.Features then
	webcam.Features.Bright=1
else
	print "No Features!! (bright/contrast/saturation etc.)"
endif

I had pain in brain reading the v4l2 C-code stuff :)

Best regards,

Ron_1st