[Gambas-devel] Info request

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 21 00:08:35 CET 2009

On mardi 20 janvier 2009, stefano wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I have one question: sometimes my Gambas application stop to work...
> what can I check to understand why ?
> Whith ps -e command I see the gbx2 is running but my GUI is freeze, the
> serial line don't manage any character, also the touch screen don't
> work... but the system is live, apache works but the socket that spoke
> with my application don't work, I can work in that situation with ssh...
> but not with vnc server (freeze of course).
> I don't have in that system a window manager, only server X on Debian
> lenny distro.
> Gambas ver is 2.6.... you must to know that the system works 24 hour per
> day.... but sometimes in one day stop 2 times (for example) after can
> works for a week and so on.
> Gambas have some log file, trace file that I can check ? or have you any
> tips for me ?
>
> Thanks a lot in adsvance for your cooperation.
>
> Best regards
> Stefano Pria

If you can run a shell on a machine, you can do that:

1) Get the pid of the frozen gbx2.

2) Run "gdb /usr/bin/gbx2 <pid>" to stop the process and debug it.

3) Use the gdb "bt" command to get a stack backtrace and send it to me.

Anyway, you should try to get a more recent version of Gambas, as it may be a
bug that has been fixed since.