[Gambas-devel] V4L2 for Gambas ...

Gareth Bult gareth at ...560...
Sat Jan 17 00:54:13 CET 2009

Hi,

After plugging in a new camera and finding it only supports V4L2 and hence doesn't work (at all) with the Gambas V4L interface, I sat down and re-coded a component from scratch for V4L2. This is now working and includes conversion routines for non-RGB devices. (the #2 API is actually quite different to #1)

To get a clean start, I've called it "VideoDevice2" and apart from that (and a few properties I'm still in the process of implementing) it's a drop in replacement for the current "VideoDevice" object.

Question:: should I submit this as a new module / new object type, or should I try to integrate it into VideoDevice such that people don't need to worry about whether they are using V4L or V4L2 ? (i.e. so a new object type is not needed?)

Gareth.

--
Managing Director, Encryptec Limited
Tel: 0845 5082719, Mob: 0785 3305393